We now have stock of the flu vaccines. Exception to this is the vaccination for those over 65, we receive intermittent stock of this variety from the Government, and typically in small quantities. To receive any flu vaccination, but particularly an over 65 variety, please call reception on 9579 2077 to check on stock availability before making an appointment.
Those patients eligible to receive a government funded (free) vaccine are:
- All children over six months and under five years old
- All Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people from six months of age
- All adults over the age of 65 years
- Pregnant women during any stage of pregnancy
- All patients who have certain medical conditions which might increase their risk of flu complications
- All other patients will be vaccinated from our private stock for a charge.
When stock is received, patients need to make an appointment with their usual doctor to be vaccinated. We are not able to make advance appointments in the hope there will be stock as this will almost certainly result in late cancellations leaving us short of appointments to offer sick patients.
Due to our large patient base we are unable to notify patients when the vaccines are received but please feel free to call reception to check on availability, or check this website.