The doctors at EBMG provide the following:
- Family medicine, including women’s and men’s health, paediatric and aged care.
- Prevention and screening, including check-ups.
- Chronic disease management, including asthma, cardiovascular disease and diabetes. EBMG has a nurse-led diabetes review clinic.
- Mental health care.
- Shared ante-natal care.
- Skin cancer checks and excision of skin lesions.
- Childhood and travel immunisations.
- Palliative care.
- Sporting injuries.
- Repair of lacerations and uncomplicated fractures, leg ulcer treatments.
The EBMG nurses are Division I registered and have ongoing clinical education to maintain their nursing skills. The nurses assist the doctors with:
Health Assessments for patients over the age of 75 years.
- Care plans and allied health referrals for patients with chronic diseases (under the Enhanced Primary Care program).
- Veterans Affairs patients (Coordinated Veterans’ Care program).
- Wound care.
- Childhood immunisation – no appointment is required but all children are seen by a doctor prior to vaccination.
- Travel immunisations (vaccines held in stock).
Nursing hours are 8.30 am to 5 pm Monday- Friday (but not between 1- 2 pm).