East Bentleigh Medical Group has opted to take part in the Commonwealth Government’s scheme to provide free flu vaccinations to our patients. Anyone who normally pays a fee for the flu vaccine, will now be provided it free of charge.
Here is what you need to know to receive your free vaccination here with us during the month of June:
- A doctor will be on duty at designated times during each week to give the free flu vaccination only
- You must make an appointment during this designated time either by calling reception on 9579 2077 or booking online here
- Your booking for the free flu vaccine must be exclusively for the vaccine, and if so, your visit will be bulk billed
- You cannot get a free flu vaccination in a normal appointment with your usual doctor
- Patients 6 months to 5 years, over 65 years, pregnant mums, those who identify as ATSI and are over 6 months, or patients who have a medically diagnosed eligible medical condition will still receive a government funded flu vaccination and these will be given outside of the free flu vaccination appointments
- As with any vaccination you must be well to receive it, and please do not present to the surgery with any cold or flu like symptoms
- We are trying to source as much stock of the flu vaccination as we can but supply is quite inconsistent. You will only be able to make an appointment when we have stock available. Please keep an eye on our website and HotDoc for appointment availability.
- Unless extended by the Commonwealth Government, this initiative is only for the month of June
- The Commonwealth Government has asked us to commence their initiative at very short notice and we appreciate your patience as we put a successful process in place