The East Bentleigh Medical Group (EBMG) has been providing family medical services to the local community since the mid-1950s. We pride ourselves on being a very professional organisation while preserving a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
The EBMG is accredited by the standards set down by the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners.
EBMG has 16 GPs supported by a team of nurses, podiatrists, psychologists, a physiotherapist and experienced receptionists.
We welcome all new patients and we have a bright children’s playroom to keep the kids busy. Call our friendly receptionists on 9579 2077 or book online. We have both male and female doctors available, and plenty of appointment times outside business hours.
Skin Cancer College Accredited Doctor service
A comprehensive skin check is vital for early detection of skin cancer. Doctors displaying this symbol have undertaken very high level training and testing with the Skin Cancer College Australasia.
This easy to recognise symbol allows you to quickly identify doctors who have proven skills and knowledge in the diagnosis and management of skin cancer.
After hours and emergencies
This practice provides 24-hour care for patients of the practice. A doctor can be contacted after hours by phoning 9579-2077. A recorded message will direct you to phone the locum service on 13 74 25 or for more information about National Home Doctor click here .
For a medical emergency, please dial 000 and ask for an ambulance.
Phone calls to your doctor
Doctors in this practice may be contacted by telephone during surgery hours. When your doctor is with another patient, the receptionist will take your message and, if considered appropriate, the doctor will return your call as soon as possible.
If you need the help of an interpreter, find out how at the Australian Government Translating and Interpreting Services website.
Obtaining pathology results
Pathology results are best given by a follow-up consultation. However, with prior arrangement with your doctor, some of the more ‘routine’ test results can be obtained by phoning the nurse at the surgery on 9579 2077 between 2.00pm and 3.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Requesting repeat prescriptions
Requesting repeat referrals
Longer consultation times can be arranged if required. It is best to check with the receptionist if this will be needed, but common reasons include:
- Complicated or multiple problems
- When lengthy counselling can be anticipated
- Insurance or pre-employment medicals
- 6-week post-natal check
- Cervical screening smear test
Computerised reminder system
While the risk of coronavirus continues, our doctors are continuing to consult face-to-face but are able to provide Telehealth consultations if necessary. Bookings for either can be made with our receptionists or online via our website. Please note that our evening hours are slightly restricted during this time.
To minimise risk, some changes to our practice are currently in place until further notice:
- Kindly do not present to the clinic without an appointment
- Please phone our receptionists who will advise on making the appropriate appointment, including Telehealth (Telehealth is currently bulk-billed)
- If you have a minor cough or cold but have been advised to attend the clinic, please wait in your car and phone us upon arrival
- If you are experiencing more significant respiratory symptoms (fever, cough, difficulty breathing or other features of an acute ‘cough and cold’), please call us but you might be advised to attend a specialised Covid-19 testing clinic, e.g. the one near the Monash Medical Centre at 239 Clayton Road, Clayton (further information is available here).
- For the latest general medical advice and information on Covid 19, go to the Department of Health site by clicking here.
- For personalised advice, call the National Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080.
- For advice from the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services, call 1800 675 398.
- If you require translating or interpreting services, call 131 450.
However, if you have any concerns about your health, you can call us on 9579 2077 for further advice.
Very stringent infection control measures have been put in place at EBMG. We are also scrupulous about social distancing. For example, we are limiting the number of people sitting in the waiting room at any one time. You should therefore be confident that we are doing our utmost to provide you with a safe and professional service during this difficult time.